Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

About this blog

So I cook. I cook a lot. Often it isn't just me cooking, my boyfriend helps and cooks a lot himself (he is always in charge of frying tofu as I don't have the patience for it).

As a couple, cooking is one of our main hobbies and we entertain ourselves most Friday nights by making a new and exciting meal. Usually a meal that at least sounds complicated enough that people roll there eyes when I say its easy. This blog is mainly meant to chronicle those Friday night meals but I will also be highlighting some repeat dishes we love to cook, as well as my baking and pasta making days. We also recently had our first brewing day, and I am considering trying to make cheese. Who knows what exciting kitchen adventures lie in the future.

I will consider this a chronicle of our adventures in omnivory. We are meat eaters, but by no means do we always eat meat. Recipes will come from the broad expanse of world cuisines and be vegan, vegetarian, or omnivore. This blog will chronicle my cooking adventures from butterflied lamb to vegan spicy peanut pasta.

I'm also going to be exploring the area of food photography (though I am limited by equipment right now) and I plan to post pictures of all of my dishes and plates. Also proof that yes, I actually made this dish.

I am an aspiring cook, I've always loved spending time in the kitchen. Comments and suggestions are more than welcome. I'm planning on enjoying myself writing this blog and I hope you enjoy yourself reading it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice site, Kaitlyn. My daughter is attempting to convince me to lean toward vegetarianism. I'll watch the recipes that you post for something to surprise her with. See you at school! ~ Tammie

    ReplyDelete